Thursday 29 September 2016

Proposal for music video

Sweet Dreams TN  by the Last Shadow Puppets

Length of song: 3 minutes 56 seconds

Potenial music video length: 5 minutes (ish)

Concept: The idea is to mirror the lyrics of the song in my music video. This means I am going to make the music video about love and romance.

Target Audience: The target audience is the same as the Last Shadow Puppets target audience. This is mainly teenagers, mostly girls because despite them not being a pop boy band, they are still followed by a large amount of screaming teenage girls. But I still want my video to be unisex because the Last Shadow Puppets are still followed by teenage boys as well as girls.

Genre: The genre of music video will be love. This is because the song I'm doing is a love song so I didn't think any other genre would be appropriate. 

Synopsis: The story behind my video will be a girl who is in love with a boy but she wont talk to him about it, until one night she has a dream and her mind played by a boy sings the lyrics and she realises that she needs to go and talk to the boy she likes. When she runs outside the boy is walking up her path and they instantly hug. Emotions fly as the song ends and the girls mind fades to black and the final shot is the girl and boy hugging/kissing.

Locations: I will use two different locations for my music video. The first one will either be a recording studio or a stage, so one of the characters can perform the song. The second location I will need is a house with a front garden and path. This where most of the video will be shot and this will be where the most of the narrative will be filmed. 

Areas I need to research: The only area I feel like I need to research is similar videos. This is because I can take inspiration from there videos and maybe incorporate some of there ideas into my video. 

Legal and Ethical Issues: I will have to consider legal and ethical issues mainly during post production. The main one is that I will have to get permission to use the song from Domino Records. They own the rights to the song I want to use so I will have to ask for permission to use the song. If I want to use someone else's footage as B roll for my music video, then I will need to get permission from the owner.

Cast and Crew: My cast and crew will change over the two main scenes. The actors playing the characters will Cameron Calvert (myself) playing the role of the conscious. Jayne Ralph as the worried girlfriend, and Catherine Slater as the girlfriends lover. Matthew Taylor and Jayne Ralph will help me out with filming, but I will also do some filming. 

Schedule: I aim to get this filmed in two days, the first day will be the first scene which is me singing the song in the studio and I will film plenty of angles of the performance. I will perform the song 3/4 times and I will need two camera's on that specific day. On the second day, I will be filming at a house and Jayne and Catherine will act out there lines and movements. I may get two cameras for that day but I shouldn't need many different angles for there bits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment