Wednesday 4 January 2017

Unit 11: Task 1 My Action Plan

My Action Plan:

My ideal job in the media:
My ideal job in the media is a football commentator and/or journalist. I would like to do this job because I have a passion for football and would like a career that is football related. I chose commentary and journalism because I looking behind the scenes of clubs and at footballing statistics. 

The skills, qualifications and experience required:
I currently have 13 GCSE's (12 of which are A*- C) including a B in English, an A in Maths and a B in Media Studies. This helped me get into college where I am currently doing Media in my 2nd year. I will hopefully get my target grade which is a merit, this will give me enough UCAS points to be able to get into University. If I get into University then I will do a sport journalism for 3 years where I will learn most of the skills I will need to become a commentator/journalist. Hopefully I will get the degree, and then I will apply for the Sky Academy. This will get me more experience and then hopefully get me a job at Sky Sports, if not at the BBC, ITV, Channel 5 or BT Sport. I also have experience of what its like in the media industry as I have done two lots of work experience, editing "So What?" and filming "Worksop's Got Talent". 

Strengths and Weaknesses:

What I need to develop:

Important dates:


No comments:

Post a Comment